September 30, 2009

MY TRIP TO UTAH

I went to Utah for a little over three weeks. It was an eventful trip, some good and some bad. I went temple hopping with my friend Sheri. We took four different days to go. It was so fun. I have pictures of all of the temples in the order we went to them. First was Logan.Then Ogden,Bountiful,Salt Lake,Oquirrh Mountain,Draper,and Manti. We took Calvin's mom with us to Manti. It was really emotional, but a very nice day. This is one of my nieces that got married, Danielle and Zach. In addition to the temple hopping and the weddings, I also went with my sister to the Timp temple and did some other work there. I also managed to get tickets to go to the Relief Society session of General Conference. It was very nice to be there. The conference center is so amazing. I almost had a hard time concentrating on the talks that were given because I was losing myself looking around the room. I was very glad to have the opportunity to go. I have decided that I spent more time in a dress while I was in Utah than I spent in pants. Also while I was there, I helped my sister bottle a couple of batches of salsa. I spent one evening with Tyler and taught him how to make homemade chicken and noodles. Then we played Wii for a while. It was a lot of fun. One day I went with my two sisters down to Panguitch to see my aunt. She is in the hospital. They think she might have had a small stroke. It will probably be the last time we see her. She is getting old and frail. I also found out that my dad has leukemia. Talk about knocking the wind out of your sails. It is currently dormant, but they are going to keep an eye on it. Supposedly if it flares up there is nothing they can do about it. Like I said, some good, some bad on the trip. I took this picture at a wedding reception. I just thought it was pretty.
Some more bad news. Our trailer got broken into...TWICE!!! The first time they took Calvin's guns, the DVD player, our tents, camp chairs, the dust buster (the dust buster? what the @*$%?!), the power inverter, and a couple other things. The second time they took the door handles and locks, and the shower head and hose. So we have two police reports and two claims with the insurance company. I am so angry about it. The first time it happened the security gate at the storage facility was broken. I figured someone just came in through the open gate. The second time the gate was fixed so I believe it was someone who has a storage unit there. They are investigating that. Because we can't even close the doors to the trailer the storage place let us put the trailer in an indoor unit. The weird thing is that ours is the only trailer broken into. It's almost like someone has a trailer just like ours and were using our trailer parts to fix theirs up. I am wondering if someone was sleeping in there, too. Our bed is messed up like someone was sleeping on top of it. I think I will be throwing the blankets and sheets away. EEEWWWW!! I have no desire to EVER camp in the trailer again. I would like nothing more than to take it to the bank and give it back. I feel totally violated. The picture below is one of the doors where the lock used to be. GRRRRRR...
One of the days I was there was a really fun day. My brother-in-law has a plane. We went flying one day. It was my sister Gail and her husband Lynn and my niece Lindsey.
Lindsey grabbed my camera and took some silly pictures. She is such a ham. She cracks me up.

1 comment:

Katie Webb said...

Karen, I'm sorry to hear about your dad. He is such an active, healthy man. I hope he can stay strong and keep his awesome energy up.