February 4, 2009

THINGS CAN CHANGE SOO FAST!!!

Calvin and I went to Denver about a week and a half ago. He started his new job on the 26th. I think he is going to like it. I ended up coming home on Monday instead of Wednesday so that I could get stuff done. I had a huge list. The train ride was good, but very long. I don't know if I would do it again by myself. You really need someone to talk to on a trip like that. I was really glad to be back in my own bed. I wasn't sleeping well at all in Denver. Anyway, when I got home I helped Tyler do his taxes. He wanted to apply for grants and loans for school, but we found out that he has to be 24 years old in order to file as independent. Otherwise he has to use our tax returns. He called the school to see if there was any way around that since he's been supporting himself for the last year. They said the only way is if he has dependents himself, or if he was married at the time he filed. He called Alicia and was telling her how upset he was. He didn't know how he was going to go to school. He explained about being married and she said "So lets do it!" They were thinking about getting married over spring break, but they decided to move it up. They are getting married this Friday!! They got the marriage license today. They just want a really small ceremony. Calvin and I will be there as their witnesses and that is all. Calvin is coming home this weekend so they decided to do it while he was here. Her parents can't make it up here from Phoenix, but she called and talked to them. They are ok with it. Ty and Alicia said that when they go through the temple they are going to have a big party and invite everyone. We are going to help them move out of Alicia's apartment on Saturday. We are going to need lots of help. I'll post pictures after they get married.

1 comment:

Shelly said...

Wow, congrats Tyler. Bummer that we won't be ablt to be there!