November 24, 2010

OUR OLD HOUSE

We drove past our old house while we were in Utah. This is what the outside looks like now. There was someone there working on it, so we asked them if we could go through it. I was amazed at the difference. They took the railing off the front porch and put outdoor carpet on it.The new driveway entrance. People will no longer take out the front of their vehicle pulling in or out of the driveway. They have put siding on the back of the house. It used to just be painted wood. They took out the back door and the kitchen window, as you can see.They tore down both chimneys (neither one was being used) and put new shingles on the whole roof.They have really let the lawn go in the back yard. I was disapointed to see that.These fans are in all 3 (yes, THREE) bedrooms. They put all new carpet in and painted the whole thing. The pictures below were Tyler's room. If you remember, it was painted dark blue and maroon before.
They fixed the floor so you don't sink when you walk to this corner of the room. They also fixed the closet and put a new door on it. This carpet is what they have put throughout the house. It's a dark brown. I like it a lot. You can see in this picture how they re-wired the whole house. Every room has electrical outlets now!!! This used to be the office. Now it's a bathroom. I really like it. It's pretty fancy.Believe it or not, this was the family room! It is now a HUGE kitchen. The sink is really big (and not in the corner anymore). They fixed the door that went outside from here and it looks great.I'm pretty sure they will put the fridge in this corner.Our old room. They fixed the window and also the molding around the floor. There was a huge hole in it before. This wall used to be solid closets and cupboards. It's pretty different now.This picture is what they have done to the old laundry room. On the left are bifold doors for the washer and dryer. Straight ahead is a storage room with built in shelves that are the width of the area. On the right are closet doors, also with built in shelves.
This was the old kitchen that is now the master bedroom. They left the tub and fixtures in this bathroom, but put new lenolium.
Another view of the old kitchen.Sadly, both batteries went dead in my camera so I didn't get more detailed pictures or a picture of the new front room. That is where we had our dining room table. It has a small wood floor entry by the door and then carpet. I miss that house so much, despite it's age and all the problems it had. I hope whoever ends up buying it will love it as much as I did. I had a hard time holding back the tears while we were walking through it. I wonder if Ulyses still stays there or if he left when we did.

3 comments:

Chet said...

I don't know if I can beleive that is your old house. WOW!!! I'm going to have to peek in and see if I can see the living room.

Katie Webb said...

That is amazing! I would never have thought to make that living room into a huge kitchen. Wouldn't you rather have a big living room and smaller kitchen? I would. Because the living room is where the family spends most of their time. Also, it seems weird that the laundry room is in the master bedroom. THats really sad about the backyard. You had beautiful grass back there!!

Mother Betty said...

I loved going with you both to look in the windows I L o v e the way it looks now.