Marshall and Jenny and the girls came to Denver for Thanksgiving. Calvin didn't know they were coming. When they got here he answered the door and just stood there staring at them for a full 10-15 seconds. It's like his brain wasn't registering what he was seeing. It was pretty funny. Jenny got video of it but it was pretty dark and you couldn't really see his face. We had a lot of fun while they were here. Thanksgiving dinner was delicious.
They went on motorcycle rides a couple of times. Grandpa decided to take Ellie for a ride on his bicycle. She was sitting on the luggage rack on the back of the bike. I didn't get any pictures of it, but I think Jenny did. Hopefully she will post one on her blog. (hint, hint)
We went to the store and discovered that Grandpa is a genius! The girls had a blast riding in the shopping cart this way. I thought it was pretty funny.
We went to the candy factory. We were waiting to go on the tour here. I didn't get many pictures. Our tour had a lot of people and it was really hard to get the girls to stand still. They were so excited.
On the tour they were watching the candy makers through the window.
Then we went to Casa Bonita, of course.
It was hard to get the girls to eat because they were so excited to see the cliff divers and watch the shows. They had so much fun, Ellie wanted to go back the next day.

Try to get everyone to look at the camera with so much going on? Yeah right! In the background you can see one of the cliff divers talking to the crowd.
This pirate had just "fell" off the cliff into the water. The girls were talking to him and some random child handed him an open tootsie roll. I love the look on his face. He just smiled at her and said thank you. We all started laughing.
They have a theater room with a stage. This is the girls "performing" on the stage.
Of course, we had to go in Black Barts Cave. It was funny because my flash is so bright in that cave it almost scares you. 
I love the look on Kayla's face in this picture. On the speakers you can hear the dragon's heart beating. I think she was unsure whether she should continue.
I think here they could see the light from the exit.
Finally out of the cave. Naturally, they wanted to go through it again. They went by themselves this time. As they were entering, we heard Kayla tell Ellie "don't worry. I'll keep you safe". It was cute.
Calvin bought me an early Christmas present. It is the new Mario Brothers for the Wii. We put the girls to bed and stayed up until after 1 a.m. playing it. You can play all four players at once. I think our neighbors were hating us then. We weren't exactly quiet. We had a blast! I should have taken some pictures and video, but I was just having too much fun playing to think about getting the camera. Calvin and Marshall did play a trick on me. We stopped for a small break and when we came back into the room we started playing again and my character wouldn't move like I wanted it to. I kept saying my paddle wasn't working. Then the boys started laughing and I caught on. They had switched paddles on me. They were laughing so hard Calvin fell off his chair and he couldn't breathe. Marshall was pretty much the same. What made it funnier was that Calvin was laughing so hard he started tooting and couldn't control it. Which, of course, made us laugh even harder. The more one of us would laugh, the harder it would make every one else laugh. We had to stop playing for about 5 minutes because we were all laughing so hard. We had stomach aches after that. It was one of the funnest nights I've had in a long time. If you aren't at least smiling reading this then I guess you would have had to be there to understand. Anyway, HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
2 comments:
You got some great shots!!! We had such a great time...and the story at the end my laugh just as hard again!
I'm so glad they got to come out there. It must be nice to be so "close" to family ;) We wish we could have been there too!
Post a Comment